Teledyne has gone green, and we encourage our friends, co-workers, customers, vendors and associates to do the same. Building an environmentally sustainable future is critical for each of us, our children and generations to come.
In that effort, Teledyne has determined a corporate-wide sustainability goal of “40 by '40." That is, we are targeting a 40 percent reduction in greenhouse gas emissions in company operations from 2020 levels by the end of 2040.
Teledyne published its inaugural Corporate Social Responsibility report in February 2022. The CSR report highlights Teledyne's Core Values and environmental, social and governance policies and practices. It also states Teledyne's “40 by '40" greenhouse gas emission reduction goal and describes how Teledyne products support climate change research and environmental sustainability efforts.
For now, we encourage you to view our Environmental Sustainability Tips for a few ways we can all contribute to this vital effort. Knowledge is power, but actions will speak louder than words. We hope you'll join us today in promoting a sustainable future for our planet and every living thing.
Environmental Sustainability Tips
Teledyne has gone green, and you can, too. Here are some tips we all can use to build a sustainable future for ourselves, our children and generations to come.
• Make fluorescent-to-LED lighting conversions.
• Consider cost benefits of solar panel installation.
• Promote recycling.
• Perform facility heat loss and insulation evaluations.
• Install window tinting and/or blinds to regulate indoor temperature.
• Discontinue using single use plastics, e.g., disposable utensils and plates.
• Water vegetation in the early morning or evening to minimize evaporative loss.
• Consider alternative work commute options, e.g., working from home, public transportation, carpools, bicycle, electric vehicle.
• Adjust home thermostat setting to cooler in the winter and warmer in the summer.
• Replace bottled water with water filters.
• Fix leaky faucets and toilets.
• Weather seal your home.
2022 Earth Day was celebrated by laying the foundation for an employee butterfly and vegetable garden.