New Mercury Analyzer for Coal-Fired Power Generators
Hudson, NH – Teledyne Leeman Labs, a leading manufacturer of analytical instrumentation for elemental analysis, announces the release the Hydra-C Mercury Appendix K Analyzer, customized for the analytical demands of the coal-fired power industry.
Coal-fired power plants introduce more mercury into the environment than any other man made resource. Environmental concerns have led these utilities to monitor mercury emission levels on a regular basis. One popular method of analysis employs specialized mercury sorbent traps. The Hydra-C Appendix K analyzer is specifically designed for the analysis of the sorbent material contained within the trap and with its large dynamic range, provides the ability to analyze both short term (Method 30B, RATA) and long-term (weekly monitoring) trap configurations. The unit can also be used in the analysis of mercury in coal and fly ash making the Hydra-C Appendix K system ideal for the power generation community.
Benefits of the Hydra-C Appendix K
- Easy-to-use combustion technology – no messy digestion procedures, no hazardous chemicals or costly waste
- Fully automated analysis – user friendly software guides the user through setup for unattended analysis
- 70-position autosampler – provides unattended operation for up to 70 samples in a single run.
- Analysis of both daily and weekly sorbent traps - versatile detection system offers an extended dynamic range.
- Rata Testing – compliant with all Relative Accuracy Test Audit requirements.
- Analysis of Coal and Fly Ash – the system can be applied to a wide variety of analytical needs and sample types including coal analysis prior to combustion and qualification of byproducts.
For more information on the Hydra-C Appendix K Mercury Analyzer, contact Teledyne Leeman Labs, 6 Wentworth Drive, Hudson, NH 03051. Telephone (603) 886-8400, Fax: (603) 886-9141 or email: LeemanLabsinfo@Teledyne.com or visit our website at www.LeemanLabs.com.